So with Christmas being a thing of the past and us hurtling towards the new year at breakneck speed, I'm taking a breather in today's post and partnering up with Hanes to share with you my 'Holiday Survival Kit' i.e. my faithful five to keep the calm before the storm aka NYE arrives. Because let's face it, everybody throws around the words 'relaxation' and 'lazy' like confetti around the holidays, but us girls know that it takes a bit more than that to be a proper party throw-er /attend-er, right? ;)
- Hanes Shapewear Tights- Hanes has been part of my fashion vocabulary for as long as I can remember, what with their intimates and hosiery having been synonymous with quality and comfort for generations now. Those exact two words also perfectly describe their Firm Control Power Shaper Tights. Not only do they instantly class up any winter outfit, they're perfectly elastic (Not sure about you, but I've torn or stretched several sub-standard tights just trying to put them on!) and the best part- they're shapewear! So guess who will not be choosing between that bodycon dress and second helpings this year? #winning
- That one-piece-wonder outfit- I know, I know, NYE parties are all about glitz and glam, but as long as you're over the legal limit, they're also often about crowded places with open bars! ;) If you're like me, you'll have no qualms admitting that sweaty sequins and bathroom-unfriendly jumpsuits are an absolute no no. Enter a comfy, roomy and cute fit and flare dress such as this Lularoe floral number. I styled it sans accessories and with plenty of layers, but there's really no end to the glam potential of a floral dress, is there? :)
- The one-swipe-wonder that is a bold lipstick- Need I say more? :)
- Foldable Flats- Surprised you, didn't I? ;) As an avid wearer of heels, I find that packing a pair of foldable flats into my clutch or bag comes in handy around the time when I'm heading frequently into the bathroom just to rest my legs! Happy feet = Dancing Queen, and that's not a title I'm willing to lose on NYE. ;)
- Surprise, surprise.. My phone, of course! Because when it strikes midnight, I'm surely pulling K away to call our families back home and begin the new year on just the right note. :)
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful last week of 2015!
XO Sushmitha :)
Coat: Piperlime (Similar here)
Cardigan: Stolen from Mom ;) (H&M; Love this one)
Dress: c/o Lularoe
Clutch: Amazon (Similar here)
Tights: c/o Hanes
Shoes: Gift (eBay)
Thank you to Hanes for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.